The Evergreen Nature Center is hiring a Seasonal Naturalist
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017
Temporary, Part Time Position ($12/hour)
Mid April – Mid October (flexible)
Average of 20 hours a week with some weeks being 30 and others being less.
Weekend and Evening hours required
We are searching for an eager naturalist/environmental educator interested in gaining a wide range of experience in program publicity, program development and leadership, interpretation, volunteer coordination, nature center administration and fundraising.
The Seasonal Naturalist assists with staffing and managing the Evergreen Nature Center along Evergreen Lake. This includes working with volunteers, engaging visitors, opening/closing the nature center, cleaning, maintaining exhibits, and data entry regarding attendance and the gift shop. Time may also be spent along the trails at Evergreen Lake doing roaming environmental interpretation. Additional work will involve facilitating the summer day camps as well as other educational programs that are held at our Education Center located at 29997 Buffalo Park Road, adjacent to Alderfer Three Sisters. These camps will require regular hiking outdoors and managing groups of children.
Roughly 75% of your time will be engaging with our visitors and program attendees. The other 25% of the time will be dedicated to planning programs and exhibits and administrative tasks.
– Completed bachelor’s degree
– Teaching and public speaking experience
– Experience working with children and adults
– Knowledge of local ecology, wildlife and plants
– Enthusiasm for nature and learning
– Experience with social media marketing
– Demonstration of dependability and organization in previous employment
– Basic data entry and computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
– Ability to lead hikes through Open Space lands along established trails and stand for 4 hrs at a time
– Applicant will be subject to background check
– B.S. in Environmental Education, Resource Interpretation, Wildlife Biology, or related degree preferred
– Experience with Volgistics volunteer management software
– Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
– Current CPR and First Aid certification
– Certified Interpretive Guide or other similar training/certifications
Send your resume, cover letter and 3 references
to Colleen Kulesza at firstname.lastname@example.org